Results for XAT 2014 Declared – XAT 2014 Results

Now that the results of XAT 2014 is about to declare on 31st January 2014, several students have been given the opportunity to pursue their MBA dream. XAT or Xavier Admission Test is held by XLRI Jamshedpur and offers entry to about 116 management institutes. The test has been designed especially for those students who wish to seek admission to traditional MBA or executive MBA. This entrance exam is used by business schools as a method for shortlisting candidates for the next rounds of Group Discussion and Personal Interview.

The results has been scheduled to be announced on 31st January 2014, but the institutes had already reviewed the XAT 2014 results twice before and so it was decided that the scores should be declared without further ado.

How to Check Your Result

Those candidates who wish to check their results can visit the official XAT 2014 website and click on ‘Download XAT 2014 Score Card’ button present on the left half of the web page. Log in to view the score card. You can also print your results in the score card format. All students will be given 5 minutes for downloading their score card.

The scores of XAT are accepted by hundreds of management schools. In all, there are a total of 116 institutes that offer admission through XAT, including XIMB, XLRI, LIBA, TAPMI, SP JAIN, XIMR, IMT-Ghaziabad, XIME, GIM and BIMTECH.

The XLRI cut-offs Business Management with Human Resource Management programs will soon be announced 23rd January 23 2014. The entrance exam was conducted on 5th January 2014 and offered surprise elements in the question paper. XAT 2014 saw a total of 89328 students register this year. The student count was only 3000 less than that noted during XAT 2013 registration, which was 92, 000. The overall examination was touted between moderate and difficult and students who took the test judiciously and managed their time well are likely to get a decent percentile.

Institutes Offering Admission through XAT

·         S. P. Jain Institute of Management and Research, Mumbai (SPJIMR Mumbai)

SPJIMR Mumbai shortlists and grants admission to applicants on the basis of XAT results, group interview, consistent performance in academics. It also views versatility and relevant work experience as an important aspect while granting admission. The overall cut off is 85 while the sectional cut-off is around 70 Percentile.

  • Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad (IMT Ghaziabad)

Institute of Management Technology or IMT Ghaziabad considers the average scores and does not see individual sectional cut-offs while short-listing the applicants. The admission process is based on the highest test score, past academic record, work experience and performance in the personal interview round and written communication test.

·         Birla Institute of Management Technology (BIMTECH)

Your XAT 2014 exam results will also accepted by BIMTECH for programs such as PGDM in Insurance Business Management, PGDM in Sustainable Development and PGDM in Retail Management. There is no definite cut-off that has been set by the institute. However, the merit list mainly depends on the basis of XAT percentile, group discussion and personal interview. The college certainly gives more preference to the candidates with a professional degree and work experience.

·         Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneshwar (XIM Bhubaneshwar)

The institute XIM Bhubaneswar’s selection criterion is based on cut-off marks obtained in XAT exam, Written Ability Test, Group Discussion and Personal Interview.

·         Xavier Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship, Bangalore (XIME Bangalore)

The main criteria for judging the applicants for PGDM Program at XIME Bangalore are XAT results, academic record, performance in group discussion and personal interview and also the work experience. The cut offs for XAT 2013 in this institute was 70 percentile.

·         Xavier Institute of Social Service, Ranchi (XISS Ranchi)

XISS Ranchi allocates 50% of its total weightage to XAT scores. The candidates are also judged on past academic record which is allotted 10% of the total weightage, group discussion is given 15% weightage, while the personal interview is given 25% of the total weightage.

Author bio: The author, Devika Arora, is a professional writer who has been writing informative articles for the domain of education and career building. The above article discusses about the XAT 2014 results and the business institutes offering MBA through it.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s